What does Remote Learning look like at Alt Academy?
Hybrid Learning model: Some children are at home due to National Lockdown or are self- isolating.
Distanced Learning model: ALL children in a class or bubble are at home self-isolating due to a bubble closure.
· Your child must log on to Purple Mash every day
- Children in EYFS / KS1 will have opportunities to learn through play.
· Children will receive around 3 hours of learning in EYFS/KS1 and 4 hours in KS2. This will include: English- reading, spelling/phonics, grammar, sentence and extended writing activities. Maths – an online video and linked activity. Wider Curriculum- Purple Mash or online learning activity linked to their current topic.
· The English remote learning across the week will use videos, high quality texts or audio stimulus, the extended write will be linked to this.
· The phonics RWI video demonstrates the sound being taught that day. There are activities and worksheets to support this learning.
· Learning will be sent out via the 2Dos, blog or email on Purple Mash every day.
· Your child must then send back their work, either through the hand-in 2Do system, a reply email or blog entry. Your teacher will explain how to send work back and there are tutorial videos on the school website under the Home Learning tab (www.alt.theharmonytrust.org)
· Teachers will upload daily lessons including videos, audio PowerPoints, worksheets and Purple Mash activities which link to the current learning still happening in the classroom.
· Teachers will feedback on work set on Purple Mash through 2Do comments or email replies and blog posts.
· The work will be marked daily and comments will be returned to your child.
· We will assess and record learning on our school system so that we can adapt the planning accordingly.
· Teachers will complete the Remote Learning register daily, to see who has been working on Purple Mash.
· For those children who are not accessing Purple Mash, staff will contact you by phone to offer Remote Learning support.
· Teachers will provide additional learning including links to online resources to support what is being taught back in school ie BBC Bitesize, Oak Academy, alongside Purple Mash activities.
· Children should continue with the rubrics that are always sent home every half term to ensure ongoing learning. These are on the class pages on the website too.
· For those children who are still not able to access Remote Learning, school will provide a fortnightly paper work pack of learning to be completed and returned to school for marking and feedback.
· Please let school know if you are struggling to access Remote Learning or Purple Mash by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0161 260 0622
When the children return to school, teachers will use their marking and feedback to plan the next steps in learning. It is important your child logs on and completes their learning every day so that they stay on track. The curriculum includes new learning so they must continue to learn from home, even during lockdown or bubble closure.
Thank you for your continued support.
Staff at Alt Academy
For the full Remote Learning Strategy, please click here!